Tuesday 16 October 2012

Conquest 2012


So coming up this long weekend is Conquest 2012 in Christchurch. I have submitted my list and have only three models to prepare for a change. Once again however, I am leaving it to the last minute!



2400 Pts - Tomb Kings Army

   Tomb Prince, Great Weapon, Armour of Silvered Steel, Dragonbane Gem,  General
   Liche High Priest, Level 4 Upgrade, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Nehekhara, Hierophant
   Liche Priest, Lore of Death
   3 Skeleton Chariot
   5 Skeleton Horse Archers
   5 Skeleton Horse Archers
   5 Skeleton Horse Archers
   18 Skeleton Archers, Musician 
   10 Skeleton Archers
   10 Skeleton Archers
   8 Ushabti, Great Bows, Standard Bearer
   38 Tomb Guard,  Tomb Captain, Standard Bearer
   3 Sepulchral Stalkers
   2 Screaming Skull Catapults
   Casket of Souls

So a small variation from last outing. I have dropped the scroll of shielding, as it had almost no effect in the last tournament, and the second casket of souls has now been replaced with 3 sepultural stalkers. It will be my first outing with these in a competitive environment. I have had some fun in casual games popping up and taking out small cavalry units and war machines, and I see them as another tool to combat the prevalence of high armoured units that Tomb Kings traditionally struggle to deal with.


With 30 people confirmed there should be plenty of competition on hand and a podium would see me net some good points for RHQ rankings. I had a total bomb last year being 20-0 by Basil with my (Savage) Orcs and (Night) Goblins and finishing eleventh overall. Heres hoping for a better performance this time around! Hopefully the dice Gods of Nehekhara will be smiling upon my legion this weekend...


6 comments:

  1. Hi!! Enjoying your blogg imense!!
    I really like the list and Im about to attend a tournament myselfe in two weeks. I aswell is going to ahve a base of Bowshabti and Scatterpults, thats about the same as you.
    Well to my question, if you were to make the same type of list but att 2000pts, how would it look?

    //Tobbe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tobias. I would probably drop the chariots, Stalkers and the Death mage at 2k. I think the other parts are more critical to make the army work

      Delete
  2. Hmm, while waiting for your battle reports I can only wonder: does the lack of musicians ever screw you? Especially for Tomb Guards - a large unit like that might need to swift reform and move on up.

    And that level 1 with Death - why exactly? What does he bring to the army?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past it has, but the occasion is rare. When it does happen, it tends to be when I overextend. The small 10 man archer units dont really need them as they can wheel most of the time to counter threats.
      The level one brings opportunity to assassinate important characters using spirit leach, or just draw out dispel dice so you can ensure you get through smiting etc. I have found it effective enough in the past

      Delete
    2. At Leadership 8 its a bit of a stretch isn't it? But it can work I guess - there's always the threat.
      Or even nuking down one of those low leadership models - like Terrorgheists, Mangler squigs, etc..

      Delete
    3. Its leadership 9. Unmodified Leadership is the highest leadership in the unit, which is the Tomb Prince, as per the Rulebook FAQ made in v1.5. Its a threat that forces people to use up dispel dice or risk loosing a valuable character. As you mentioned it is also good to use as a magic missile.

      Delete